Worship Recordings Year End Newsletter 2012
Happy holidays from everyone here at Worship Recordings! As the year comes to a end we are very thankful for such a positive & productive year with releases & events. Thank you all for the support over the years. 15 years is coming up quick!
First topic is the release of Circle‘s follow up EP entitled ‘Music & Emotion’ that reaches all digital outlets this Monday December 31st. It is now only available exclusively at Beatport HERE. Full info on the release is below. You can give it a listen HERE as well.
We had to go out the new year with a blast so teaming up with D24K introducing the new goodie events for a NYE bash was the move to accomplish this. D24K & Worship recordinging are proud to present goodie NYE with Crosstown Rebels recording artist Fur Coat alongside Someone Else (Get Physical/Foundsound), Rob Paine (Worship) & Dirty (D24K), Willyum (Worship) & Familiarise (Cardona, Safarii, Jus & Shino) @ Underground Arts this Monday night from 9pm to 3am. You can purchase your $25 tickets at Milkcrate Cafe on 400 E Girard Ave or Electric Factory Box Office at 412 N 7th St. You can also purchase them online HERE. All sound reinforcement by 340 & Solomonic Sound System‘s. Visuals by VisualEyz. To get more details go HERE.
If you love the reggae vibes as much as we do. Tonight Saturday 29th inside the Barbary is the 3rd installment of the Oneness event. Following the amazing performances by Cocoa Tea & Glen Washington from the first two events, Solomonic Sound is excited to bring you Khari Kill hailing from the island of Trinidad. Alongside Philly’s own Gully Ranks & Zion Train Sound and the Solomonic selectors. To get more info go HERE.
Events on the horizon…
– Saturday January 12th @ the Barbary is Residents Shakedown with Rob Paine & Willyum
– Saturday January 26th @ Eighteenth Street Lounge in DC is the Shakedown with Rob Paine & Willyum
– Saturday February 9th @ the Barbary is the Shakedown with Audiojack
– Saturday March 9th @ the Trocadero is the Shakedown 11 Year Anniversary. Artists TBA!
Download Rob Paine recent mixes HERE
Download Shakedown Live Audio HERE
Upcoming Releases :
– Wor.39 Circle ‘Music & Emotion’. December 31st, 2012 (Beatport exclusive Dec 24th !)
Preview and get the full info on it HERE
– Wor.40 Carlton Livingston ‘Legitimate Contender’. March 2012
– Wor.CD.03 Rob Paine presents a mixed compilation of Worship releases. March 2012
In Stores Now :
Out now is all stores! Wor.37 Foundation EP by Rob Paine & Neil Kurland. With a stellar remix by Philly’s own Davidson Ospinna.
Preview all the tracks HERE & leave your comments. Check out some of the early feedback we have been getting.
- Evan Landes (Groove Junkies) “Dope Release”
- Rob Mello (Classic) “Really like the minimal bass and beats mixes.”
- James Zabiela (Renaissance) “Great!”
- Robert Owens “thank you Sir for all the beautiful music, I look forward to playing the tracks 🙂
- Jeff Roll (Gradient Mag) “Excellent”
- Maetrik/Maceo Plex “Nice Release. Will try it out.”
- DJ Javimar (DJ MAG Spain) “Summer hit. To dance in the open air, very very good.”
- Dj Nori (Posivision, Japan) “FOundation for peak time set! Also Beats Mix is Great!”
- Randall Jones “All these mixes are super tight…deep, lowslung and smooth just how I like it!”
- Henri Kohn “Davidson Mix is my fav.”
- Nick Warren (Hope Recordings) – Original mix is excellent thanks
- Slam (Soma Records) – liking all these mixes – love Mr Osipina’s productions – will play for sure thanx
- James Talk (Blu Fin) – solid EP!
- Silicone Soul (Soma Records/Darkroom Dubs) – Great release, love the whole vibe thx for the music
- Arnaud Le Texier (Safari Electronique) – Old school tribal vibe & cool!
- Someone Else (Foundsound/Butane + Someone Else/Rob Paine + Someone Else) – i’m high.
- Alex Kid – Beats and bass Roller for me! oh yes … Bass!
- Gel Abril (Be As One) – minimal bass roller mix is cool tnx!
- Pig & Dan (Cocoon) – Ospina remix is spot on 🙂
- Shlomi Aber (Be As One) (Shlomi Aber) – the bass roller mix its nice
- Tim Xavier (Tim Xavier and Camea/Ltd 400/Manmade Mastering/Clink Recordings) The David – Ospina mix rocks!! Thanks
- Martin Landsky (Pokerflat) – david ospina mix and minimal bass roller mix for me here…both are cool…
- Samuel L. Session – like the beats mix the most, very functional for me!
The sounds on this EP are far from the original Foundation of music coming from the mother land. Instead, this collection of tracks is a product of how those sounds have manifested into present day house music. Worship Recordings style. Rob Paine & Neil Kurland touch the studio for the first time together to pay respect to the Foundation with this 4 track EP.
The Original mix is the fullest of the 4 mixes. A tribal anthem all the way. What begins as ‘tribal war’ soon develops into peace time with super smooth chords to set the tone for the next minute or so before the natives get restless. Add in a rasta bredren speaking the truth and some heavy bass then go mash up the dance with this gem every night of the week.
Worship is blessed to have Davidson Ospina (Ospina Digital) join the tribe. Deep, tribal and tight as a drum head to my favorite keta drum is what Davidson serves up with this one. We could not have asked for a better representation of Davidson’s sound mixed with the sound of Worship Recordings. He hit this one properly.
Of course we could not let Davidson go deeper than us so we added the minimal Deep Bass Roller mix. Actually, this was done before Davidson’s but it looks good on paper. Actions speak louder than words so just hit the play button and gwan!
PS- Beats mix is cool !
Deep Breath is officially released on all your favorite digital websites. We are getting some amazing reviews and feedback for this first release from the Circle crew. See what these major players are saying below…
Now available Beatport Click here!
To preview Circle ‘Deep Breath’ EP on Soundcloud Click here!
On Worship site Click here!
- Josh Wink “New release on Philly’s deep Worship. I went straight for the chuggy, pumping “Deeper Mix” which has the late 1990’s chuggy, dark, “welcome to the factory” ol’ school house vibe written all over it. Looking forward to testing it out!”
- Maceo Plex “Full support. Good stuff. Thank you.”
- Sasha ” good vibes here”
- Phil Kieran “like it, sounds nice”
- Danny Howells (Global Underground) — “These totally work for me .. great early evening vibes. Cheers!!”
- Alland Byallo (Nightlight Music) — “Dig the Deeper Mix the most. Definitely brings the dubby edge back to Worship that I miss.”
- Troy Pierce (Items & Things) — “good stuff”
- Tini — “Good”
- Stephan Bodzin (Systematic) — “deep and groovy. great!”
- Butane – “good old days music. will play, with gusto”
- Jens Holmes (Nightcode/Urgent.fm) — “Excellent Deep House. All mixes are a bless”
- Vince Watson “Original mix is really good. in the bag”
- DJ Jerome “very cool ep!”
- DJ Wehbba “original sounds cool”
- David Pher ” Good EP . Support !!”
- Master H ” I really dig this ep….Thanx will play the deepness..”
- Kiki&nbnbsp;”all 3 mixes are goood!”
- Joachim Spieth “own path. very good & outstanding”
- Patrick Siech (Drumcode)
- Slam “nice grooves – old school sample – thanx”
- Tim Green ” cool tracks. Like the original mix and after hours mix!”
- Arnaud Le Texier “Nice deep!!! In my bag”
- Silicone Soul “great vibe to these… Thx for the music (deep deep then deeper:))”
- Danny Howells -These totally work for me .. great early evening vibes. Cheers!!”
- Bryan Zentz “oh yes. go worship/philly! really like this alot.”
- Guy J “Deeper mix for me , thnx good luck”
- Gel Abril “sounds cool to me original one tnx!”
- Carlo Lio BEATPORT CHART
Wor.35 Rob Paine & Charles Lazarus Vs Rootz Underground ‘Enlighten Me’ now available at all your favorite online music stores.
It has been getting love from Mark Bell, Sasha, Someone Else, Ramon Tapia, Remote Area, Dj Vibe, Justin Sloe, Alex Kid, Andrew Grant, Martin Landsky, Slam, Silicone Soul, Niv Hadas & Danny Tenaglia.
Rob Paine & Charles Lazarus featuring Lady Alma – Ho’s & Bro’s
Worship Release #34 hit all your favorite digital stores January 23rd. There is a mix on here for everyone. Be sure to listen to them all. Nuff respect to Willyum & Jesse Merlin, Nutritious & Bains, DJ Dennis, June Lopez & Roberto Viccaro for their contributions. You can preview all the versions and remixes here…
5 Magazine out of Chicago gives it 9 out of 10. Check out what these following jocks have to say about it.
– Mark Farina “Great pack of mixes with Lady Alma on vocals workin’ that shit out! Sure to move the floor”
– Sunshine from Dubtribe nbsp;“Yes I’m playing them. Keep it up for 2012”
– Someone Else “Already been supporting this. Great release!”
– Ramon Tapia “Nice Mixes. Don’t know which ones to choose”
Someone Else & Rob Paine’s debut EP together Blazin’ is still getting lots of love after its September 26th, 2011 release date. Featuring remixes by Jay Haze & Sean Thomas this is one not to miss in case you let it slip by. You can find it at every major digital download store or preview it here…
Rob also has a remix featured for Miguel Migs ‘The System’ cut off his new album ‘Outside The Skyline’ on Om Recordings. He joins the likes of Mad Professor, Predal Pusher & Rob Garza of Thievery Corporation. Check the vibes & purchase here…
Released in January 2012 is a blast from the past. Rob & partner Zacharijah present A DJ Collection of all Solomonic Sound releases & remixes between 1998 & 2005 Remastered with a previously unreleased track ‘Neva Dead’ recorded at 5am on the morning of September 11th, 2001. But as you can see we neva dead and still here:)
Solomonic Sound ‘Neva Dead’ The Dj Collection Remastered
Download our new Worship App for the iphone (all courtesy of Worship & Selekta label don Dj Dennis). GET THE APP!
Look for new Shakedown Charts Blog. Every 2 weeks. 3 different charts. Philly Shakedown Top 10 Chart. Brooklyn Shakedown Top 10 Chart. And a Top list of Shakedown Classics of the past 10 years. We will be setting up a forum for you to put in your suggestions for the Top 20 all time Shakedown Anthems you have been getting down to since the party started almost 10 years ago.
Friend us up at all our new social networks…
Soul Glow Radio w/ Willyum & guests TBA every Thursday from 6-9pm
Be sure to go to www.solomonicsound.com to see the fullness on Worship’s reggae & dub related events & music if that is your groove.
Sound System Rentals and all other inquiries email : email@example.com
Get audio from all other past Shakedown Events here…